Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hello, world!

Welcome to my blog!
My name is Bethany and I like to sew.   I am quite new to the world of sewing and quilting, I decided to make a quilt in the summer of 2013, right before I started college.  I am not completely sure why I had the desire to make a quilt, but I guess it was just meant to be.  I hadn't sewn a stitch since my home economics class in middle school!  

I started with a wall hanging and then quickly moved onto making larger quilts.  I have mainly learned through online tutorials and youtube videos, thank you Missouri Star Quilt Co. and Moda Bake Shop!   Since this past summer, I have completed 7 quilts and I will share each one of them with you, as well as the many more to come!  

I have truly found my passion, and I would love to share my passion with you.  

My blog is named Sew Ruthie, after my great grandmother.  She was a wonderful woman who inspires me everyday.  

1 comment:

  1. You sound like me, I just started in September 2013 and it has become my passion! The only difference is I'm 46. Your quilts are beautiful! I've never stitched a thing except for hand sewing Barbie clothes when I aS a kid and a pillow in 7th grade. I pretty much learned from books and YouTube! Missouri Star was a big one I watched for tutorials. So far I've done about 12 crib size and 4 lap size. Loving the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!