Sunday, March 30, 2014

Work in Progress

I have been wanting to make a low volume quilt for a while, and when the Riley Blake's Willow collection came out, I knew that it would be the perfect collection to use for this quilt.  The pastel yellows, pinks and blues make a great backdrop.
I used some Sunkissed and Noteworthy by Sweetwater prints as well.
I found the pattern in a Fons and Porter quilting magazine, the block is called Brave New World.
This was the first quilt that I have made using triangles and I quickly became very good friends with my iron and Best Press.  :)
I just finished the top this afternoon and went outside to take some pictures.


I am really proud of how great my seams lined up!


I really love how this quilt is turning out, I still need to add borders and decide on the quilting!

I am still working on my new sewing table and organizing my fabric stash.  I will have a post about that soon!
But I did have time to organize my Aurifil!







<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11993849/?claim=54wbxfnf7rm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Hi!!!!! I love your low volume quilt!!!! It looks so soft and pretty!!!! I followed over from Sewjo Saturday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your Aurafil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SimpleSew as promised.. that quilt will be gorgeous and you should let Alex V from Aurfili see that pic, he would love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt top! I'm super impressed with all of your perfectly lined up seams. Great job! I love your new sewing table. Would you mind sharing where it's from? Thanks for visiting my blog for giveaway day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!