Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Audition for Sewvivor!

Rach at Family Every After is hosting the 3rd Sew-vivor competition-this time it's quilters edition!
In order to audition, you must pick one quilt that you think represents your best work.
I am entering my "Sweet Seas" Nautical quilt!
This quilt was started last August and completed in October, right when I was getting ready to start my freshman year of college.  I actually hand stitched the binding on in my dorm room!
The quilting was done by Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting.  She did a wonderful job and the Van Gogh quilting pattern really enhances the beachy feel of the quilt.
The quilt pattern is called Frippery and it can be found here for free!
I had so much fun selecting the fabric for this quilt.  I used a combination of many different collections, Out to Sea by Sarah Jane, Riley Blake Shuffle, Architextures and even some batiks!
The back is pieced and uses some extra scraps that were leftover!













4 comments:

  1. I love all of those tiny ships! And oh, the memories I have of sewing in my dorm room at college! Squeeze it in when you can :) Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. between the color scheme and the quilting, i totally get the beachy vibe.
    seeing this makes me even more excited for the first challenge theme of nautical!
    best of luck to you in the auditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bethany. I have come over from Jan's blog to take a peek at yours and say hi. Nice quilt. You have done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you!